Coolamon's First Rodeo a Big Hit
What a weekend of action it was in Coolamon.
The inaugural Coolamon Rodeo attracted more than 1000 people - a great success for the first event - to watch the skill of the cowboys and cowgirls.
With the aim of the event to raise money to maintain and upgrade the Coolamon Showground facilities, event organisers said they achieved their goal, raising enough money to be able to look at fencing off the Showground Reserve.
While there was plenty of action in the barrel racing, bull riding and bronc riding events to keep everyone entertained there was also activities for the kids. It also proved a great place for locals to catch up with each other before the crazy Christmas period.
And there was some success for local riders, with Mary Williams placing second in the Junior Barrel event.
The main results of the day were:
- Winner of the Open Bull Ride – Ben Thorp
- Winner Open Saddle Bronc – Tim Hammond
- Winner Open Bare Back – Ben Hall (Rosewood)
- Winner Open Barrel Race – Trish Johnson (Gundagai)
- Winner 2nd Division Bull Ride – Mathew Sheather
- Winner 2nd Division Saddle Bronc – Brad Meagher
- Winner Junior Barrel Race – Zoe Plum