5 Top Things to do in Coolamon Shire
Coolamon Shire has much to offer visitors to the area with friendly and knowledgeable locals, an abundance of boutique shopping experiences, picturesque eateries, nature walks, informative tours and history and heritage.
1. Shop 'til you drop from boutique stores offering gorgeous gifts, beautiful antiques, quality clothes, stunning jewellery, art and homewares. From Matong, to Ganmain and Coolamon, Coolamon Shire offers you a relaxed, self-guided tour through historical buildings, where you will find an abundance of treasures within many unique stores.
2. Afterwards, explore the picturesque eateries around Coolamon Shire that offer you friendly service and a delicious meal in one of the many enchanting heritage buildings.
3. Experience one of Australia’s newest forms of construction – straw bale building – at Ganmain’s Huff ‘n’ Puff Constructions. Learn how this sustainable method of construction is being used in modern-day architecture and look forward to watching John demonstrate the materials and techniques used in straw bales and the technology used in the craft.
For further information or alternatively to customize a tour to suit your groups interests and needs please contact John Glassford and Susan Wingate-Pearse on 02 6927 6027 or mobile 0412 116 157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Take in the flora and fauna of the Kindra State Forrest, from one of the many walking tracks that will lead you on a trail of discovery. With over 52 hectares of remnant bushland, The Kindra State Forrest has many viewing areas and picnic spots perfect for spending hours wandering through such a tranquil place and listening to natures calling. From the top of the rise there is a wonderful view of the Travelling Stock Reserve dam that was constructed as a back-up water supply for the township of Coolamon. With over 100 species of birds sighted in the Forrest, the dam provides a habitat for other birdlife including the endangered Superb Parrot, Swans, Pelicans and Ducks. This is one place that is truly not to be missed.
5. Take a self-guided tour and explore the Heritage and Historythat Coolamon Shire has to offer. The Shire’s four museums provide insight into the joys and hardships of rural life. Visit the Heritage-Listed Up-To-Date-Store and recently refurbished RSL Museum in Coolamon, learn about the origins of the Kelpie dog in Ardlethan and take in the Ganmain Hay Display Centre and Historical Museum.
For more information on the Up-To-Date-Store, click here.
For more information about the RSL Museum, click here.
To learn more about the Ganmain Historical Society & Museum, click here.
For more information about the Ganmain Hay Display Centre, click here.
Start planning your day trip or weekend in Coolamon Shire today!