WHEN: Sunday 31 December 2017
TIME: 6.00pm - 10pm
WHERE: Cowabbie Street, Coolamon
COST: FREE event / Kids activity zone $10
CONTACT: Coolamon Shire Council, Laura Higgins on 02 6930 1831
We're inviting you to bring in the New Year at the Coolamon NYE Street Party!
Join us for a family fun street party packed with activities and entertainment.
• Watch the sun go down with a variety of performances
• Dine in with one of Coolamon’s local eateries or dine out with street stalls
• 10pm family fireworks spectacular
• Kids activities zone (Passes $10)
• BYO chairs and beverages
This year you'll be able to watch the sun go down with performances by:
- ‘The Dust’ from 6pm - 7pm
- Jack Thompson from 7pm - 8pm
- Nathan Lamont from 8.00pm - 10pm
The kids activity zone will be packed with a range on offer. The young ones will have plenty to do. For just $10 each or family pass for $25 (three kids), they are sure to have an amazing time.
- Face painting
- Jumping Castles
- Giant Outdoor Games
- Petting Zoo
- Giant Bubbles
- Chalk Art and Games
PLUS a complementary...
- Sausage sizzle provided by Coolamon Rotary Club and
- A fruit box donated by Coolamon Lions Club
Children's wristbands will be available for purchase on the night which gives kids access to all of the activities and amusements until 9pm
You’ve got plenty to pick from with a diverse and amazing range of culinary delights. Save your appetite there is lots available!
- Heavenly Baked – Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!
- Barty’s café – Full menu available, burgers, chips and more!
- Coolamon Cheese – Street stall with kransky hot-dogs & cheesy toasties
- Rotary Van – Sausages and Steak Sandwiches
- Riverina Poffertjes – Dutch Pancakes
- Trev’s Tasty Treats – Ice Cream
- Kamelia Egyptian – mixture of Egyptian delights
- Vincent the Van – Coffee trailer, hot or cold!
- Burnsy’s Food – Noodle boxes and donuts
- Tato Tornado – Potato swirls!!!
- Little Shucker Oyster & Mussel Bar – Fresh oysters and mussels with 3 different choices of sauces
Coolamon NYE Street Party, a fantastic way to farewell 2017!
The Coolamon NYE Street Party is proudly supported by:
Beyond Bank Australia
The Rotary Club of Coolamon
Coolamon Chaser Bins
Coolamon Post Office
Marrar Sales and Service
Lily Maudes Flower Shop & All Things Nice
Coolamon Pest Control
D&L McCallum Earthmoving
Priest's Rural Outfitters
Coolamon Lions Club
Dowling Rural Contractors
Sweet Briar B&B
Zac Robinson Electrical
CWA Coolamon Branch
Don't forget to SHARE your pictures using #CoolamonNYE and to RSVP to the Facebook event.
EVENT INFORMATION AND SAFETY MESSAGES
The Coolamon NYE Street Party has many entrances, this is a public event and we encourage all attendees to take care when making your way through the event area. Please watch for different surface levels and any uneven surfaces.
Cowabbie Street (the main street), is closed to traffic for the event. Traffic closures will commence at 4pm and will reopen to traffic at 11pm. Appropriate traffic detours will be in place during the event. The event closes at 10:15pm.
Parking is available in the nearby streets, please be considerate when parking outside residential properties.
Security will be at the event. If you have any issues, please make contact with security officers. Police will also be present throughout the event.
The alcohol free zone has been lifted for this event, please remember this is a family friendly event and responsible drinking should be carried out at all times. This is a BYO event, as well as drinks available from the Royal Tavern.
If you are driving to the event and are planning on enjoying a few drinks, please walk home or arrange a responsible driver at the end of the evening to get you home safely.
Remember to stay hydrated during these warm days. A water fountain is available in the top end of the middle island, towards the Fire Museum. Don't forget to slip, slop, and slap! Sunscreen is available from the information tent.
Unfortunately many animals are terrified by firework displays which can indirectly pose risks to animal safety. We encourage you to make appropriate arrangements for your pets during the fireworks display. The RSPCA website and information page about ‘How should I care for my pets during fireworks displays?’ provides useful information.
Melissa Tidd from Blossom Photography will be this year’s event photographer, Melissa will be roaming around the event taking photos.
While there is plenty of fun activities for kids to enjoy at the event, child safety is very important. Parents are encouraged to care and watch their children throughout the evening. A first aid tent is available on site if required. If you come across a lost child, please make your way to the Information Tent.
It is encouraged to write the parent’s phone number on the child wrist band provided when paying for the kids zone. That way you can be easily contacted if required.
Extra bins are available throughout the site, please place your rubbish in the bins provided and clear your picnic area at the end of the evening.
A number of toilets are available for use, public toilets are located the following areas:
• Up-to-Date Store Cultural Precinct (Loughnan Street)
• Plaza, the area between the Newsagency and Barty’s Café
• Cnr Mann Street and Cowabbie St, near Delta Ag.
• Redgrave Park (Methul Street)
• Lions Park (Cowabbie Street & Wade Street)
A NSW Ambulance first aid station is available at the event. Please visit this station if you are feeling unwell or have injured yourself at the event.